The QMEA is Australia’s largest and most successful industry/education schools partnership between the Queensland resources sector represented by the Queensland Resources Council and the Queensland Government, through the Gateway Industry Schools Program.
Through its school-industry partnerships the QMEA offers a range of programs and experiences to broaden students’ and teachers’ knowledge of the sector and provide a talent pipeline of employees into the resources sector and other related science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) industries.
- STEM4School Kids, Mackay Wed 10 May
- Teacher PD Introduction to LEGO Robotics, Mackay, Wed 10 May
- MIGAS / BMA Apprenticship Readiness Program, Moranbah 22 – 26 May
- Toolkit4School Kids & STEM4School Kids, Rockhampton Tuesday 30 May
- STEM Stepping, Gladstone 31 May
Congratulations to Abi Meehan from Chanel College in Gladstone, who took out the ‘Outstanding QMEA Student Award’ at the 2017 QRC/WIMARQ Resources Awards for Women!
TO LEARN MORE
To find resources that support the teaching of minerals and energy, go to Oresome Resources
To find out more about the Queensland resources sector, go to Queensland Resources Council
To find out about the Queensland Government’s ‘Gateway to Industry Schools Program’, go to Gateway Schools